Offensive, defensive armour and weapons.
Armour, swords, arbalest, weapons of honor, firearms. Ancient, Asia, Middle ages, Renaissance, Baroque, Empire.
- Gallic and Gallo-Roman helmets of Celtic warriors.
- Clans in the Roman Empire. The shields of the Gauls.
- Armor in England from the 10th to the 18th century.
- Offensive and defensive armor and weapons. Collection.
- The Varangian Guard. Viking Chiefs 5th Century.
- Life-size warrior figures in full armor and equipment.
- Lansquenet. German renaissance military.
- Germany military in 1530. Renaissance Mercenaries.
- German mercenaries around 1620.
- German lansquenets during the thirty Years’ War.
- Knights tournament duel jousting, Renaissance 16th century.
- Offensive and defensive armor and weapons.
- Firearms and offensive weapons. Renaissance 16th century.
- German blackened steel armor. Renaissance weapons.
- 30 years war weapons. Helmet, gloves and a musketeer rifle.
- Iron Gloves, gauntlets of the 15th century.
- The Schaller. Helmet and neck cover from the 15th century.
- Mounted Knights. Heavy cavalry 16th century.
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380. (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic)
- Reigns of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461. (Medieval, Gothic, Burgundy)
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515 (Late Medieval, Burgundy, early Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545. (Renaissance, Tudor)
- Reign of Henry II. 1547 to 1558. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574. (Tudor, Renaissance, Spanish court dress)
- Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589. (Renaissance, early Baroque, Spanish court dress, Tudor)
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643. (Renaissance, Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715. (Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774. (Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1780 to 1789. Le Pouf. Fashion in the Ancien Régime.
- The Reticulated Headdress. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- The Hennin. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- Costumes de Noblesse du 14ème siècle. Histoire de la mode médiévale.
- Gabrielle d’Estrées, mistress of the French King Henry IV. 16th century, Renaissance fashion era.
- Henri de Lorraine, duc de Guise. France 16th century. Huguenot wars.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence to Louis XV. Rococo era.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Introduction of Cottes-Hardies. The Ladies of Old France.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History.
- Les Modes de la Renaissance de l’an 1461 à l’an 1574.
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Characters of The Commedia dell Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- On the history of costumes. Fashion gallery from ancient until the 19th century.
Timpanist and Drummer on Horse. 17th century fashion.
Timpanist and Drummer on Horse. 17th century. Timbalier, Tambour à Cheval. (XVIIe siècle). Règ... Read more
1660 • 17th Century • Baroque • France • Military
German and Austrian military uniforms in the 18th century.
German and Austrian military uniforms in the 18th century. Top row left: Württemberg military ar... Read more
1724 • 1730 • 1738 • 18th Century • Austria • Germany • Military
Bodyguard of Sultan Sanda of Bornu, Dikwa Emirate Nigeria.
Bodyguard of Sultan Sanda of Bornu, Dikwa Emirate Nigeria 1930s. Gallery: The dark continent; Afr... Read more
20th Century • 30s • Africa • Military • Nigeria
Fort McKenzie. Assiniboine warriors and Blackfeet.
Fort McKenzie August 28th 1833. Battle between Assiniboine warriors and Blackfeet in front of For... Read more
1833 • 19th Century • Native American • North America
Mandan Chief in his hut 1832. American native interior.
The Interior of the hut of a Mandan Chief. Interieur de la Cabane d un Chef Mandan. Das Innere de... Read more
19th Century • Native American • North America • The Indian Tribes
Residents of Norton Sound of the Bering Sea, Alaska.
Inhabitants of Norton Sound of the Bering Sea, Alaska. From "Full Peoples Gallery in images of a... Read more
1840 • 19th Century • Alaska • North America
Yoholo Micco, A Creek chief. Leader of Eufaula Town.
Yoholo Micco, A Creek chief. Indian Tribes of North America. Indian leader of Eufaula Town. ... Read more
19th Century • Native American • North America • The Indian Tribes • Traditional