Timeline of the French Revolution 1789 – 1799
Tayadaneega Mohawk Indian chief.
Joseph Tayadaneega (1743-1807) called the Brant, the Great Captain of the Six Nations. Thayendanegea, means “two sticks bound together”, denoting strength.
The Incroyables and Muscadins.
The French directory dandies.
Monarchical reaction – Incroyables and Muscadins — Tape-durs— The Café Carchy — The “Requisition” — Political clubs — The “Petit Coblentz” — Intrigues and lampoons — Louis Ange Pitou, (Pitou l’Auxerrois)
Fashion under the French Revolution & Directoire Period 1789 to 1802.
Table of content.
1789 Fashion in Paris before the taking of the Bastille – Mademoiselle Berthin – 1791 Fashion under the French Revolution – 1794 Fashion reverts to the Greek and Roman period – Disappearance of Louis XVI costumes – Paleness in vogue – Beauties à la Psyche – Varieties of hair-dressing at the commencement of the Directoire – Perruques came into fashion – The painter David, the revolutionary painter apostate – Debate on reformation costume – The Cothurn – The “Merveilleuses” – Greek robes – Roman dresses – Copé, the noted shoemaker
Albanian folk characters in the 18th century.
- Souliote Woman
- Albanian Prémiti or Toxide.
- Albanian woman from Sikyon. Sikyon was an ancient city-state on the northern Peloponnese between Corinth and Achaia (Pellene).
- Reis Efendi Barbaresque.
- Albanian soldier.
Short puffed sleeves costume 1798. Journal des dames et des modes.
Regency, First Empire.
Linon shawl, trimmed with applied tape.
Triple chaîne d’or à maillons plats, servant de bandeau. Schall de Linon, bordé d’un ruban appliqué.
Journal des dames et des modes. Costumes parisien 1798. France First Empire fashion, England Georgian, Regency fashion period.
- The Second Republic. 1848 to 1851. Victorian era. “Second Rococo”.
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Romanticism. Early Victorian era. Biedermeier
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. The Restoration period. Biedermeier.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. First Empire, Regency period.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- Fashion History France. On the history of costumes. Archives of French fashion
The Inside of A Winter Habitation in Kamtchatka.
Voyage to the Pacific Ocean, undertaken by the Command of His Majesty, for making discoveries in the Northern Hemisphere. Performed under the direction of Captains James Cook (1728-1779) , Clerke and Gore, in His Majesty’s ships the Resolution and Discovery, in the years 1776, 1777, 1778, 1779 and 1780.
For G. Nicol, Bookseller to his Majesty, in the Strand; and T. Cadell, in the Strand. M.DCC.LXXXV. 1785.
Coats. French Revolution 1792 to 1799.
L’histoire du costume féminin français. Les Modes sous la Revolution 1792 – 1799. Manteaux – Planche 3.