Claude of France 1498-1524, Queen consort of King Francis I.
Claude de France from the House of Valois, was countess of Soissons, Duchess of Brittany and Queen of France through marriage. The daughter of King Louis XII. of France and his second wife Anne de Bretagne, thus princess of France, Countess of Soissons, Blois, Coucy, Etampes and Montfort. She was always sickly and suffered from since birth under mobility problems. After her father’s death on January 1, 1515 Francis I. has been King of France. The young queen appeared more interested in politics than religion. In nine years of marriage gave birth to eight children, but then died at the age of twenty-five years.
“Modes et Costumes Historiques“. Drawing by Xavier Willemin. Edited and steel engraving by Hippolyte Louis Emile and Polidor Jean Charles Pauquet. Published by Cassell, Petter & Galpin London, 1864
Ancien Régime. Renaissance, Baroque, Tudor fashion era.
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380. (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic)
- Reigns’ of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461. (Medieval, Gothic, Burgundy)
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515 (Late Medieval, Burgundy, early Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545. (Renaissance, Tudor)
- Reign of Henry II. 1547 to 1558. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574. (Tudor, Renaissance, Spanish court dress)
- Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589. (Renaissance, early Baroque, Spanish court dress, Tudor)
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643. (Renaissance, Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715. (Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774. (Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1780 to 1789. Le Pouf. Fashion in the Ancien Régime.
- The Reticulated Headdress. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- The Hennin. Headdress 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- Costumes de Noblesse du 14ème siècle. Histoire de la mode médiévale.
- Noble anglaise. Mode féminine du Moyen Age. 13ème siècle. 13ème siècle.
- Gabrielle d’Estrées, mistress of the French King Henry IV. 16th century, Renaissance
- Henri de Lorraine, duc de Guise. France 16th century. Huguenot wars.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence to Louis XV. Rococo era.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Costume history
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History.
- Les Modes de la Renaissance de l’an 1461 à l’an 1574.
- Characters of The Commedia dell Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- On the history of costumes. Fashion gallery from ancient until the 19th century.
- King James I of England, son of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.
- The Gunpowder Plot. England history.
- Mary Queen of Scots
- The character of Henry VIII. Tudor King of England.
- The reign of Elizabeth. The days of Queen Bess.
- Tudor Queen. The offer of the crown to Lady Jane Grey.
- Queen Mary, the daughter of Henry VIII.
- Sir Francis Drake. England history.
- The english boy king Edward VI. England history.
- Relics associated with Queen Elisabeth. England history.