Morning Dresses. “A PEEP INTO KENSINGTON GARDENS”.
The Gallery of Fashion June 1794. Published by Nikolaus von Heideloff, London.
Straw-colored gipsy hat, trimmed with lilac riband formed into a large bow in the front, and into a very small one behind; tied under the chin with a liIac-colored silk. handkerchief. One white, and one lilac ostrich feather, placed on the left side. The hair in light curls, falling down behind, bound with a white half handkerchief, tied in the front into a large bow. Round gown of fine Indian callico, trimmed with a narrow flounce; long sleeves trimmed at the wrist with lace. Lilac-colored sash tied into a small bow, the ends as long as the train. Lawn handkerchief, over it another of lilac-colored silk, turned under the arms, and tied behind. Yellow shoes. Jonquille colored gloves.
Plain chip hat, trimmed with purple ribands. Hair lightly frizzed; chignon turned up in a loose plait. Plain muslin gown and petticoat. Short sleeves, trimmed at the elbows with lace. Full cravat round the neck. Small lawn handkerchief tied behind. Black silk cloak, trimmed with very broad lace. Lead-colored gloves. Green fan.
Demi-gipsy hat, trimmed with green ribands, forming a large bow in tile front, and a very small one behind. A narrow white net, plaited round the edge of the brim, its two points lied with narrow green ribands, passing under the ringlets, and forming behind a small bow. Two party-colored feathers on the left side. Hair in easy curls; chignon turned up plain, and the ends returned in ringlets. Chemise of spotted muslin; the sleeves tied in two parts with green ribands. Cross-striped green and white sash. Jonquille colored gloves. Yellow shoes.
- Gallery of Fashion. Vol. 1, April 1794 To March 1795. (England Georgian, Regency era)
- Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2,. April 1795 To March 1796.
- Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3,. April 1796 To March 1797.
- Les “Incroyables et Merveilleuses”. (Neoclassical Directoire, First Empire)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. (Directory, Regency, Georgian)
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. (French Empire, Regency, Georgian)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. (French Empire, Late Georgian, Biedermeier, Romantic Era fashion period)
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848.