Regency robe à la Polonaise of cherry-colored satin.
Heideloff`s Gallery of Fashion January 1795. England Afternoon dresses.
The hair dressed in light curls; chignon turned up plain, and the ends returned in ringlets. Chiffonet of white satin, two white ostrich feathers and a large diamond pin placed on the left side. Lawn petticoat embroidered in gold, and trimmed with a black and gold fringe. Robe à la Polonaise of cherry-colored satin, bound with black velvet, long sleeves; olivets and chain down the back; handkerchief within the gown behind, drawn out in the front, and fastened by a-belt. Three strings of beads round the neck. Diamond ear-rings. Swan-down tippet. White gloves, and white shoes, embroidered and trimmed in gold.
The toupee dressed in light curls; plain chignon. Twisted turban of blue and white cross striped satin. One white ostrich feather placed in the front. Robe à la Polonaise, with long sleeves of sapphire blue poplin. trimmed at the wrists and at the bottom with black lace, and down the back with a black net lace chain, and blue and white olivets. White lawn embroidered handkerchief. Blue fox fur tippet.
The hair in light curls; chignon turned up plain. Chiffonet of white satin, the end trimmed with gold fringe, on the left side looped with a black gem netted chain. One white curled ostrich feather, the edges dyed in purple, placed on the left side, and a bunch of vulture feathers spotted with chenilles in the front. Plain lawn petticoat. Robe of black and pink striped satin; the long sleeves of white satin. Lawn handkerchief within the robe. Gold ear-rings.
Gallery of Fashion. Vol. 1, April 1794 To March 1795.
Published by Nikolaus von Heideloff, London.
- Gallery of Fashion. Vol. 1, April 1794 To March 1795. (England Georgian, Regency era)
- Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2,. April 1795 To March 1796.
- Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3,. April 1796 To March 1797.
- Les “Incroyables et Merveilleuses”. (Neoclassical Directoire, First Empire)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. (Directory, Regency, Georgian)
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. (French Empire, Regency, Georgian)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. (French Empire, Late Georgian, Biedermeier, Romantic Era fashion period)
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848.