German Girls fashion.
Child and Teen costumes
German Girls fashion. Vintage Child and Teen costumes in 1940s
The contents of this site are original costumes kids fashion drawings from the 40’s in Germany. It falls on the girl’s fashion, the year to 12, is very much geared to the adults. What is the former cultural situation in Germany owed. The National Socialist regime in Germany advocated a certain type of person. This classification covering both genders and people of all ages.
The ideal, in National Socialist propaganda, a true German type also included selection of genuine German name. Strange names were seen as critical of the regime and were not tolerated. This is probably why each of the shown mode sheets provided with the children’s names. Firstly, it is suggested that these are pictures of real people, and secondly, to serve as a model.
These costumes images show a wealth of detail. For fashion lovers, in particular, the small cross-sectional images of the dresses. Add the little situational sceneries come in which the models are embedded. Whether toys from this era or decorations they provide useful data to an idealized life of that time.
As much material from those German epoch is hard to find, usually stored in archives, we are happy to show these rare historical documents here on world4.
Fin de siècle era, Art Nouveau, Art deco, Flapper, Gibson girls, Roaring Twenties.
- Le style parisien. Les elegances parisiennes 1915. by Lucien Vogel. (Art Nouveau. Fin de siècle, Belle Époque era.)
- France. Haute couture spring season, 1913. (Fin de siècle era.)
- Les Robes de Paul Poiret racontée par Paul Iribe, Paris 1908.
- Paris Fashion Designers in 1916.
- Dolls for the showcase by Lotte Pritzel. 1911.
- Les Chapeaux du Très Parisien Vol. 1., by G.P. Joumard. First edition 1921. (Flapper, Gatsby, Art deco era.)
- Les Chapeaux du Très Parisien Vol. 2,.G.P. Joumard. Second edition 1922.
- Les créations parisiennes. La mode est un art. Published 1929. (Flapper, Gatsby, Art deco era.)
- STYL 1922-1924. German Fashion Magazine. (Berlin Roaring twenties. Flappers, Art deco era.)
- The Incroyables and Muscadins. The French directory dandies.
- Les Incroyables et Merveilleuses. French directoire fashion era.
- The days of the Directoire by Alfred Allinson.
- The Gallery of Fashion by Nikolaus von Heideloff. Regency, Empire, Neoclassical.
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses. Directoire, Neoclassical, Regency, Empire by Octave Uzanne.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. French First Empire fashion. (England Regency, Georgian fashion period)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. The Restoration period, Romantic era, German Biedermeier.
- Romantic fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Victorian era. Crinoline.
- Fashion and costume in the eighteenth century