Chemise of spotted muslin. Lawn petticoat. Regency fashion 1795.
Morning Dresses April 1795. The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2. Published by Nikolaus von Heideloff, London. Georgian fashion era. Neoclassical costume in the time of Jane Austen.
The hair dressed in ringlets. Chiffonet, arranged into the form of a turban, of white taffeta. spotted with silver; the end trimmed with a silver fringe, falling upon the shoulder.
Three white and two scarlet coloured ostrich feathers; and five diamond pins, forming a star, placed in the front. Petticoat of rich striped silk-gauze. Polonaise of scarlet velvet with Circassian sleeves, and full sleeves of striped silk gauze. Small muslin handkerchief within the belt. Gold chain round the neck. Pearl ear-rings. Ermine muff. White shoes.
The hair in small ringlets. Turban of coquelicot colored crape. Bandeau set with four rows of pearls, and a large pearl rosette in the middle.
One white and one coquelicot and white striped ostrich feather in the front, inclining forwards. Chignon turned up under the turban, and the ends returned over it in three small curls of different lengths. Lawn petticoat, trimmed with a narrow fringe, headed at some distance by a plait. Robe of coquelicot coloured Irish poplin, black velvet cuffs, and capuchin cape, trimmed with a broad white silk chain. The robe fastened by a clasp, set with pearls. Small muslin handkerchief within the robe. Pearl necklace and ear-rings. White shoes.
Hair dressed in ringlets. Bandeau and chiffonet of blue and white striped muslin. The Bandeau, crossed with pearls. One blue, and one blue and white striped ostrich feather on the left side. Chemise of spotted muslin with a narrow flounce, and a plaiting round the neck, headed with a blue riband; the sleeves tied in three parts with the same riband. Handkerchief within the chemise. Blue sash. Gold cross, necklace, and ear-rings. White shoes.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 1,. April 1794 to March 1795.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2. April 1795 To March 1796.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3,. April 1796 To March 1797.
- The use of Corsets in the reign of Louis XVI., Revolutionary Period, George III.
- Les Incroyables et Merveilleuses. (Neoclassical Directoire, First Empire)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses. Fashions – Manners – Usages, by Octave Uzanne.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. (Directory, Regency, Georgian)
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. (French Empire, Regency, Georgian)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. (French Empire, Late Georgian, Biedermeier, Romantic Era fashion period)
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Empire, Victorian era.