Norman knights under Duke William the Conqueror in 1066.
Cavalier Normand en 1066. Gravure aquarellée vers 1880 d’après un dessin de Philippoteaux.
The Battle of Hastings took place on 14 October 1066 and was the first military success of the French Normans during the conquest of England. The Norman army under Duke William the Conqueror defeated the Saxons under their king Harald II.
Source: Costumes civils et militaires des Français à travers les siècles. 1883. Author: Jean Baptiste Marie Augustin Challamel. Engraver: Meunier, Jean-Baptiste. Ouvrage couronné par l’Académie francaise.
History of England
- Celt and Roman. History of England 43 BC to 440 AD.
- Celtic relics, ornaments of gold and bronze.
- Gallic and Gallo-Roman helmets of Celtic warriors.
- Boudicca queen of the British Iceni tribe.
- The shields of the Gauls. Clans in the Roman Empire.
- The Gallic and Gallo-Roman costume period.
- The dawn of christianity in Britain.
- King Harold II. Last Anglo-Saxon king of England.
- King James I of England, son of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.
- Sir Thomas More.
- Thomas Becket. Archbishop of Canterbury.
- John Wycliffe and the Dawn of the Reformation.
- William Caxton and the art of printing.
- Bloody Mary, the daughter of Henry VIII.
- The character of Henry VIII. Tudor King of England.
- The reign of Elizabeth. The days of Queen Bess.
- Tudor Queen. The offer of the crown to Lady Jane Grey.
- Mary Queen of Scots at Lochleven Castle.
- Sir Francis Drake.
- The english boy king Edward VI.
- Relics associated with Queen Elisabeth.
- The departure of the Mayflower.
- Charles I of England. King and Martyr.
- The English Civil War 1642-1649.
- The Battle of Marston Moor on 2 July 1644 .
- Charles the first in the guard room.
- Oliver Cromwell. The Protector.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History:
Byzantine, Medieval, Gothic, Burgundian, Renaisance fashion history
- The Barbarian Invasions. The Migration Period. (Historical Atlas)
- The Gallic and Gallo-Roman costume period. 3rd to 4th century
- Byzantine costume history. 5th to 6th century.
- Frankish Merovingian costume history. 4th and 5th century
- Carolingian Period 752-987. Reign of Charlemagne.
- The Carolingian Fashion Period 987 to 1270.
- Europe in the time of Charles the Great 768 – 814. (Maps, Places).
- The Corset and the Crinolin. Fashion history from Ancient until 19th century.
- 11th to 13th century. French fashion history.
- 11th to 13th century. German fashion history.
- 11th to 15th century. Caps and Hoods fashion.
- 13th century. French male fashion history.
- 14th century. German fashion history.
- 15th century. German male fashion history.
- 15th century. German female fashion history.
- 14th, 15th century. Italian fashion history.
- Eleanor of Aquitaine, Medieval Queen in the 12th century. Fashion history.
- Eleanor of Castile first wife of King Edward I. England 13th century
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380. (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic)
- Reigns of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461. (Medieval, Gothic, Burgundy)
- Headdresses of the 14th Century.
- Headdresses of the 15th century. The Hennin.
- Headdresses 15th century. The Reticulated Headdress.
- The Influence of the Crusaders to the French clothing. 13th to 14th century.
- The Knights Hospitallers. The First Crusade. 11th century.
- The Knights of the Teutonic Order of Knighthood. History of German Crusaders 12th century.
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar. Medieval military religious order. 12th century.
- Syria during the period of the crusades. Maps, Names, Places. Historical Atlas.
- Life-size warrior figures in full armor and equipment. Greek, Roman, Gallic, Merovingian, Carolingian.
- Armour in England from the 10th to the 18th century
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- The Romance of the Rose. The Art of courtly love.
- The Lady of Tournament delivering the Price.
- On the history of costumes. From Ancient until the 19th century.