The Chief Usher to the Grand Seignior (former sultan of Turkey).
Historical Ottoman Empire officials and ethnic groups.
In Plate XXXVI. we have described the nature of the numerous body of Ushers in the court of the Grand Seignior (Sultan); we here give a representation of their commander, or chief; an office of great power and importance, at least on some occasions. One of their employments, among others, is to present every one who is introduced at court, or approaches the fool of the throne; and, on some particular occasions, this is done by the chief usher himself.
The costume of Turkey. Illustrated by a series of engravings; with descriptions in english. By Octavian Dalvimart. Printed by Howlett and Brimmer. Published in London, 1802.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Historical costumes of Japan and Java.
- History of the Indian Tribes of North America.
- Typical pictures of Indian Natives.
- Traditional Switzerland National Costumes
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- Country, Character, and Costumes in Portugal and Spain.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.
- Provincial Russia. Russian Costume and Culture.