Riding dress June. Black beaver hat. Regency fashion 1795.
June 1795. The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2. Published by Nikolaus von Heideloff, London. Georgian fashion era. Neoclassical costumes in the time of Jane Austen.
A Lady going out on horseback. The hair dressed in easy curls, the hind hair turned up plain. Black beaver hat, trimmed with a purple velvet riband. Two black feathers placed on the left side. Full cravat round the neck, tied into a small bow in the front. Plaited trimming round the neck. One white and one blue under-waistcoat. Riding dress of scarlet cloth, with a capuchin collar, fastened in the waist by a belt. Gold loop ear-rings. York tan gloves. Purple Spanish leather spring heel slippers.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 1,. April 1794 to March 1795.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2. April 1795 To March 1796.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3,. April 1796 To March 1797.
- The use of Corsets in the reign of Louis XVI., Revolutionary Period, George III.
- Les Incroyables et Merveilleuses. (Neoclassical Directoire, First Empire)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses. Fashions – Manners – Usages, by Octave Uzanne.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. (Directory, Regency, Georgian)
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. (French Empire, Regency, Georgian)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. (French Empire, Late Georgian, Biedermeier, Romantic Era fashion period)
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Empire, Victorian era.