Fashion and costume illustrations of the Renaissance. Restored from various, rare sources. Renaissance (French for “rebirth”) describes a European cultural epoch mainly 15th and 16th century. The end of the era takes place in the early 17th century in Italy by the newly prominent baroque style.
Emperial Marshall, Margrave and Trumpeters costume.
216. Antoine de Glymes, Margrave of Bergen op Zoom, Governor of Luxembourg, State Council, Order of the Golden Fleece.
217. Pieter Ernst, Count of Mansfelt, Emperial Marshall, State council member, Golden Fleece.
218-221. Trumpeters on horseback.
Renaissance costume Bishop of Utrecht 16th century.
90. Antonie Taets van Amerongen, Canon of Utrecht.
191. Joost Praet van Moerkerken, Canon of the Utrecht Cathedral.
192. George van Egmond, Bishop of Utrecht.
193-204. Baldachin carriers.
Order of the golden Fleece costumes. Renaissance 16th century.
176. Maximiliaan van Egmond, Count of Buren, Order of the Golden Fleece, Stadholder of Friesland etc, Chamberlain of the emperor.
177. Don Ferdinando Alvarez de Toledo, Duke of Alva, High commander of the Emperial Army, Order of the golden Fleece.
178. Adrien de Croy, Lord of Beaurain, Order of the Golden Fleece.
179. Philippe de Montmorency, Count of Hoorne, Lord of Weert etc.
180. Philippe de Lannoy, Prince of Sulmone, Order of the Golden Fleece, Chamberlain.
181. Willem, duke of Kleef/Cleves, Gulik and Berg, Lord of Ravenstein.
Emperor Charles V ruler of the Holy Roman Empire in Nijmegen on 9th February 1546.
170. Lieven Goethals, The Emperor’s Herald.
171. Hendrik, Count of Brederode.
172. William, Prince of Orange/Nassau.
173. Emperor Charles V.
174. Don Caspar de Robles, Page of the Emperor.
175. Maximiliaan van Egmond, Count of Buren, The Emperor’s Chamberlain.
Renaissance costumes of nobles and citizen. Dutch Guelderian Wars.
120. Joost Sasbout, Lord of Spalant.
121. Mr. Adriaan Nicolai, Council Ordinary of the Hof van Gelre.
122. Christoffel, Count of Meurs and Sarwerden, Council Ordinary of the Hof van Gelre.
123. Mr. Johan Stratius, Mayor of Arnhem and Council Ordinary of the Hof van Gelre.
124. Johan van Wittenhorst, Lord of De Horst.
125. Jacob Pieck, Lord of Idendoorn, Dreumel etc.
126. Mr. Johan Schenck.
127. Mr. Johan Bell.
128. Mr. Baptista Berty.
129. Hendrik de Ruyter, Bommelerwaard.
130. Mr. Gerard van Renoy, Steward-General of the Duchy of Gelre.
131, Diederick van Wely.
Wessel van den Boetzelaar, Baron of the Holy Roman Empire, Lord of Asperen. The family van (den) Boetzelaer is a Dutch noble family, which originally comes from the field of Kleve. It comes from the family of Galen.
Diederick van der Lip, named Hoen, Lord of Afferden etc.