Baroque era. German citizen in 1580.
Late Renaissance, early baroque era.
The clothing of the men is influenced by the dominant Spanish fashion. The dress of the woman has Italian, to French influence. Evidence of the soft folds of the skirt as well as their colors. The waist is set low. The richly embroidered, stiff Bodice is covered with sleeves and high collar. The hair is combed upward. The sleeves are narrow, with ruffles at the end and end up on the shoulder with an ornament in the form of a spherical padding. The cone-shaped skirt is floor length and is open from the hip or gathered up so that the starched linen petticoat coming to light, forerunner of crinolines skeleton.
The man sitting on the left wears a large, decorated with Spanish lace ruff, stuffed trousers, the Spanish cap is made from exquisite fabric. As a sign of higher status a stick. On his head is a spring-adorned Barett stiff. The jacket is made from exquisite fabric. As a sign of his class as a patrician, he has a walking stick in his hand and a valuable ostrich feather adorned Barett.
Louis XI fashion era. French Ancien Régime. Renaissance, Baroque fashion history, Tudor fashion era.
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380. (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic)
- Reigns of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461. (Medieval, Gothic, Burgundy)
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515 (Late Medieval, Burgundy, early Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545. (Renaissance, Tudor)
- Reign of Henry II. 1547 to 1558. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574. (Tudor, Renaissance, Spanish court dress)
- Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589. (Renaissance, early Baroque, Spanish court dress, Tudor)
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643. (Renaissance, Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715. (Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774. (Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1780 to 1789. Le Pouf. Fashion in the Ancien Régime.
- The Reticulated Headdress. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- The Hennin. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- Costumes de Noblesse du 14ème siècle. Histoire de la mode médiévale.
- Gabrielle d’Estrées, mistress of the French King Henry IV. 16th century, Renaissance fashion era.
- Henri de Lorraine, duc de Guise. France 16th century. Huguenot wars.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence to Louis XV. Rococo era.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Introduction of Cottes-Hardies. The Ladies of Old France.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History.
- Les Modes de la Renaissance de l’an 1461 à l’an 1574.
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Characters of The Commedia dell Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- On the history of costumes. Fashion gallery from ancient until the 19th century.