Jacques de Molay. Grand Master of the Knights Templar.
Jacques de Molay, also Jacob de Molay and Jacobus of Molay (1244-1250 -1314) was the twenty-third and last Grand Master of the Knights Templar. In his time as Grand Master of the Order the destruction by the King of France, Philip the Fair falls.
From thé book: Paris à travers les siècles. Histoire nationale de Paris et des Parisiens depuis la fondation de Lutèce jusqu’à nos jours, by Nicolas Jules Henri Gourdon de Genouillac. Published 1879.
- The Knights Templar. Foundation of the Order of the Temple.
- The influence of the Crusaders in the 13th to 14th century to the French clothing.
- The Knights of the Teutonic Order of Knighthood.
- The First Crusade. The Knights hospitallers of St. John, – Knights of Malta.
- Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- Richard I the Lionheart. Cœur de Lion.