Woman costume from Marino, region Lazio, Italy in 1840.
Marino (Marino Laziale also) is a town in the Alban Hills above the Alban Lake, 23 km southeast of Rome. The old town of Marino is located on the rim of the caldera of an extinct volcano above the Alban Lake. The municipal territory extends to the level of the Campagna Romana.
From the book: Nuova Raccolta dei principali Costumi di Roma e suoi Contorni Roma Presso l’Editore e Calcografo Tommas Cuccioni Negoziante di Stampe ed Oggetti di Belle Arte Via della Croce N. 88. Rome, 1840-50. Engraved by Salvatore Marroni.
- Historical European costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Costumes of Japan and Java.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- The Switzerland national costumes of 17th – 19th century originals.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Mexico by Carl Nebel 1836.
- Provincial Russia. Costume and Culture.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Serbian national costumes by Vladimir Kirin.
- The Highlanders of Scotland, 1870.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Views of Darjeeling: With typical native portraits and groups.
- Africa, the landscape and the people 1931.
- Historical costumes from Africa, America and Oceania.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.