Paris full dresses, March 1810. Regency fashion. France First Empire era.
FIG. 1. Cornette à barbe d’un côté.
FIG. 2. Capote en velours et satin blanc.
Several new shapes have been introduced in chips, straws, and Leghorns; split straws are preferred. Fancy feathers, particularly the imitation of the Indian plume, are much worn. Long pelisses seem generally to have, given way to, short ones, trimmed with lace or fur.
The favourite colours are brown, purple, lilac, yellow, and scarlet.
The fashions of London & Paris. (1798‐1806). London: Printed for Sir Richard Phillips 1767-1840.
- The GALLERY OF FASHION by Nikolaus von Heideloff.
- Incroyables et Merveilleuses by Horace Vernet.
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814.
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830.