Strasbourg clothes in 17th Century. Baroque era.
Top row left: Woman in big hat. Woman in winter habit (1670) Woman in mourning clothes. Right: Monsieur le Consul (1670). Councilor.
Bottom row left: Tower keeper. Farmer’s wife (Bride 1670). Bridegroom. Right: Virgins (1670-1690) Bridegroom.
From the book: On the history of costumes. Munich fashion sheets. Edited by Braun and Schneider. Germany 1860.
Gallery. On the history of costumes.
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643.
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774.
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Italian Lace History. Reference List of Italian Laces.