Knight of The Order of St. Louis. Reign of Louis XIV, 1680.
Chevalier de Saint-Louis. Rege de Louis XIV. Laitière en 1680.
The Order of Saint Louis was founded on April 5, 1693 by King Louis XIV. Of France and awarded for military merit. The Order consisted of three classes and the number of members was limited:
- Grand-Croix on 8 Members, with insignia of a red scarf on the left and a plate on left chest.
- Commandeur to 28 members, bearing the insignia on a red scarf on the left.
- Chevalier, which bore the insignia of a red ribbon on the left chest.
1791 the Order was lifted and in 1814 by Louis XVIII reintroduced. 1830, the Order was finally lifted.
From thé book: Paris à travers les siècles. Histoire nationale de Paris et des Parisiens depuis la fondation de Lutèce jusqu’à nos jours, by Nicolas Jules Henri Gourdon de Genouillac. Published 1879. Free eBook. Amazon
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643.
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence.
- The Entry of Louis XIV and Maria Theresa into Arras 1667.
- Shoes fashion in the reign of Louis XIV 1643-1715.
- English style in the Reign of Louis XIV
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Italian Lace History. Reference List of Italian Laces.
- On the history of costumes. From Ancient to the 19th century