Privat secretary to the turkish sultan. Ottoman Empire official.
THE excessive indolence of the Turks is well known; and where every person, who can afford it, has his secretary and other domestics, that he might not be compelled to exert himself, it is not to be supposed, that the Grand Seignior himself should be deficient in these attendants; in fact there is hardly a purpose in life, for which he has not an officer appointed. Of these officers the present one is by no means unimportant, as from the knowledge he possesses of what passes in the interior, he must of course be of experienced fidelity: and he certainly possesses the marks of secrecy and reserve.
The costume of Turkey. Illustrated by a series of engravings; with descriptions in english. By Octavian Dalvimart. Printed by Howlett and Brimmer. Published in London, 1802.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Historical costumes of Japan and Java.
- History of the Indian Tribes of North America.
- Typical pictures of Indian Natives.
- Traditional Switzerland National Costumes
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- Country, Character, and Costumes in Portugal and Spain.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.
- Provincial Russia. Russian Costume and Culture.