Costumes and Fashion during the 15th century. Medieval Burgundy Fashion. Late Gothic.
Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic, Burgundy
Fashion in 15th century Europe was characterised by a series of extremes and extravagances, from the voluminous dresses, the houppelandes with their curved floor-length sleeves to the revealing pantyhose of the Italian Renaissance. Hats, hoods and other headgear grew in importance and were adorned, draped, decorated and feathered.
Heyday of the Burgundian fashion (Gothic), within the clothing occupies a central position by the privilege of the ruler to determine the choice of colors of court dress. In the 15th century, the middle classes taught by the fashion of the Burgundian court, which had taken a leading role in Europe. Mark were the two colored clothing Mi-Parti (French: Semi-split): High woman hats; the hennin in different variations; Tight, short jackets with stand up collar; The Houppelande open-sided coat, high side slit with with long wide sleeves. Furs such as ermine, sable and Nordic squirrels were highest expression of luxury. At the same time developed in Italy the fashion of the Renaissance. With the end of the Duchy of Burgundy, it became the trendsetting fashions of the early modern period.
- 11th to 13th century French fashion history.
- 11th to 13th century German fashion history.
- 11th to 15th century Caps and Hoods fashion.
- 13th century French male fashion history.
- 14th to 15th century Italian fashion history.
- 14th century German fashion history.
- 14th century Headdresses
- 15th century German male fashion history.
- 15th century German female fashion history.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Hennin.
- The Reticulated Headdress.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Introduction of Cottes-Hardies. The Ladies of Old France.
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380.
- Reigns of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461.
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515
- The Modes of the Middle Ages by Paul Louis Victor de Giafferri.
- The French Fashion History (Overview)
- The Gallic and Gallo-Roman costume period.
- Byzantine costume history. 5th to 6th century.
- Frankish Merovingian costume history 4th and 5th century
- Carolingian Period 752-987. Reign of Charlemagne.
- The Carolingian Fashion Period 987 to 1270.
- The Influence of the Crusaders to the French clothing.
- The First Crusade. The Knights Hospitallers.
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar.
- The Crusaders in the 12th and 13 Century.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- The Knights of the Teutonic Order of Knighthood.
- Christine de Pisa presenting her manuscript Roman de las Rose to Queen Isabeau of Bavaria.
- Eleanor of Aquitaine, Medieval Queen 12th century.
- The Romance of the Rose. The Art of courtly love.
- The Lady of Tournament delivering the Price.
- On the history of costumes. From Ancient to the 19th century.