Costume Culotte & Guètres de Peau couleur de Cuir. Canne à Parapluie.
Incroyables. French neoclassical fashion between 1795–1799. France Directoire, Empire period, England Regency, Georgian era.
From the book: Les “Incroyables et Merveilleuses”. Published 1814 by Pierre de La Mesangere. Engraved by George-Jacques Gatine. Drawings by Horace Vernet.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. (Directory, Regency, Georgian)
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses. Directoire, Neoclassical, Regency, Empire by Octave Uzanne.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. French First Empire fashion. (England Regency, Georgian fashion period)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. The Restoration period, Romantic era, German Biedermeier.
- The days of the Directoire by Alfred Allinson.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- Fashion and costume in the eighteenth century
- The French Republic 1789 to 1802.
- Fashion under the French Revolution.
- The Execution of the King Louis XVI. and Marie Antoinette
- Fashion during the french revolution. Paris 1793 to 1795.
- Fashion in Paris after the Revolution 1796-1800.
Support and Seduction: The History of Corsets and Bras (Abradale Books) by Beatrice Fontanel.
Thoughout the ages, women's breasts have been subjected to the endless whims of fashion.
From the ancient Greeks to Mae West and Madonna, this light-hearted book charts the changing shapes of female beauty. The elegant and amusing images - including fashion drawings, paintings, photographs, and film stills - illustrate the often surprising history of the garments women have worn for support - and seduction.