The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking: How to Hand Sew Georgian Gowns and Wear Them With Style by Lauren Stowell (Author), Abby Cox (Author).
Lauren Stowell and Abby Cox of American Duchess have endeavored to make the impossible possible by bringing historically accurate dressmaking techniques into your sewing room. Learn how to make four of the most iconic 18th century silhouettes―the English Gown, Sacque Gown, Italian Gown and Round Gown―using the same hand sewing techniques done by historic dressmakers.
Crepe Dress by Jacques Delisle. Romantic era fashion 1840.
Chapeau velours blanc de Maison Séguin. Plume et fleurs de Fauconnier fils Saint-Honoré. Robe de crépe de Jacques Delisle façon de mademoiselle de Moismon. Châle du Persan, Gants de Mayer, Place Choiseul Sous Jupe Oudinet. Costume d’Homme de Schwartz, Coiffure de Delignon Place de la Bouise. Chapeau de Jay, rue des Fossés-Montmartre, 5. Envois de la Maison de Commission Lassalle et Cie., 28 rue Taitbout.
La Mode 1840. Journal et gravures des mode. Bibliography of costume. Romantic Era, Biedermeier period.
- The Second Republic. 1848 to 1851. Victorian era. “Second Rococo”.
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Romanticism. Early Victorian era. Biedermeier
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. The Restoration period. Biedermeier.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. First Empire, Regency period.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- Fashion History France. On the history of costumes. Archives of French fashion
Support and Seduction: The History of Corsets and Bras (Abradale Books) by Beatrice Fontanel.
Thoughout the ages, women's breasts have been subjected to the endless whims of fashion. From the ancient Greeks to Mae West and Madonna, this light-hearted book charts the changing shapes of female beauty. The elegant and amusing images - including fashion drawings, paintings, photographs, and film stills - illustrate the often surprising history of the garments women have worn for support - and seduction.