The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3,. April 1796 To March 1797.
Published by Nikolaus von Heideloff, London.
GALLERY OF FASHION Vol. 3
The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3, 1796-1797. (Original introduction from 1796.)
THE Publisher of the GALLERY of FASHION, most respectfully submits the undertaking of a Third Volume of his Work, to the particular notice and patronage of his Subscribers; the two preceding ones being honoured with so very favourable a reception, he has been induced, in order to preserve that superiority, which the GALLERY of FASHION has hitherto maintained over similar publications in other countries, to limit the number of copies to that of the Subscribers, who, by this regulation, may boast to possess an unique repository of English national Dresses of Ladies; which, considering the limitation of copies, must become in time very scarce, and of course very valuable.
The Publisher, in returning his sincerest thanks to those Subscribers, who have hitherto supported him in this expensive undertaking, begs leave to inform them, that any irregularity in the delivery of the Numbers shall be immediately remedied, by applying at the Office, No. 90, Wardourstreet, Soho, London.
Published by Nicolaus Wilhelm von Heideloff.
England Georgian Regency, France Directoire, First Empire, Neo Classical.
- Fashion during the french revolution. Paris 1793 to 1795. By Julius M. Price.
- The days of the Directoire by Alfred Allinson.
- The Incroyables and Muscadins. The French directory dandies.
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses. The Frenchwoman of the century by Octave Uzanne.
- Les Incroyables et Merveilleuses. Drawings by Carle Vernet, Horace Vernet .
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. Fashion during the directoire. By Augustin Challamel.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. French Empire era, in England the Regency or Georgian fashion era.
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. The Restoration or Romanticism fashion era. German Biedermeier.
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Victorian era. Romanticism fashion.
- Fashion and Costumes of the The Second Republic. 1848 -1851. Victorian era. “Second Rococo”.
- Fashion History France. On the history of costumes. Archives of French fashion