The Duchesse. French nobility fashion 14th century.
The woman wears a tight-fitting bodice that laced at the front. Among a long-sleeved dress with deep lower neckline whose sleeves cover the hands. Furthermore the pleated Chiopa with wide cap sleeves. The high hairline is highlighted by a richly decorated horns cap.
Source: Costumes historiques pour travestissements par Paul Gavarni (Guillaume Sulpice Chevalier 1804-1866)
First Time Sewing: The Absolute Beginner's Guide by Editors Of Creative Publishing
Filled with detailed descriptions of materials and tools, the easy step-by-step instructions for all the basic sewing techniques will have you creating projects like aprons, pillows, and even pants and shorts in no time.
- Fashion in the Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380.
- Fashion in the Reigns of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461.
- The Hennin. Headdresses of the 15th century.
- The Lady of Tournament.
- The Romance of the Rose.
- Christine de Pizan and Queen Isabeau of Bavaria.
- Margaret of Anjou Queen of Henry VI. and her court.
- The Limerick Mitre.
- Pyrrhus Receiving the Honor of Knighthood.