Godfrey of Bouillon. First King of Jerusalem.
First Time Sewing: The Absolute Beginner's Guide by Editors Of Creative Publishing
Filled with detailed descriptions of materials and tools, the easy step-by-step instructions for all the basic sewing techniques will have you creating projects like aprons, pillows, and even pants and shorts in no time.
Godfrey of Bouillon also Godefroid de Bouillon; born 1060 – died in 1100 in Jerusalem, was a commander at the First Crusade; after the conquest of Jerusalem, he became the first ruler of the newly established Kingdom of Jerusalem, but rejected the kingship. Since Gottfried was the first ruler of Jerusalem, he was idealized by Christianity and later mythologized: he was named leader of the Crusade, King of Jerusalem and as the lawmakers who introduced trial by jury in Jerusalem. Since the 14th century he was considered as one of the ideal Knights, they were known as the nine good heroes. Nine heroes called a literary and art-historical topos which was first erected in the early 14th century in the French epic poem “Les Vœux du Paon” (1312) of the Lorraine poet Jacques de Longuyon from the courtly-chivalric milieu as a list of ideal knights. The nine heroes attracted as of Art History motif throughout Europe in the town halls and government offices in order to remind the councilors or officials of a “good government” (time-typical town hall iconography).
This group consists of:
Three representatives of the pagan antiquity:
Hector of Troy,
Alexander the Great,
three representatives of Judaism:
The Fabric of Civilization: How Textiles Made the World Paperback – December 7, 2021
by Virginia Postrel (Author)
From Neanderthal string to 3D knitting, an “expansive” global history that highlights “how textiles truly changed the world” (Wall Street Journal)
three representatives of Christianity:
Godfrey of Bouillon.
- Syria during the period of the crusades. Maps, Names, Places. Historical Atlas.
- The Knights of the Teutonic Order of Knighthood.
- The First Crusade. The Knights Hospitallers.
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar.
- The Crusaders in the 12th and 13 Century.
- The influence of the Crusaders to the French clothing.
- Richard I the Lionheart. Cœur de Lion.
- Knights of the Order of the Golden Fleece 16th century.
- Middle Ages fashion history in Germany. 11th to 13th century.
- Offensive and defensive armor and weapons.
- Armor in England from the 10th to the 18th century
- Life-size warrior figures in full armor and equipment.
- 16th Century – German armor art.