Lady in Paris Ball Gown 1822.
France Restoration era. England Regency period, Romanticism. German biedermeier period.
Gallery: “Sheets for costume design: historical and folk costumes. Published by Franz Lipperheide, 1876-1887.
- The Second Republic. 1848 to 1851. Victorian era. “Second Rococo”.
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Romanticism. Early Victorian era. Biedermeier
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. The Restoration period. Biedermeier.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. First Empire, Regency period.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- Fashion History France. On the history of costumes. Archives of French fashion
Support and Seduction: The History of Corsets and Bras (Abradale Books) by Beatrice Fontanel.
Thoughout the ages, women's breasts have been subjected to the endless whims of fashion.
From the ancient Greeks to Mae West and Madonna, this light-hearted book charts the changing shapes of female beauty. The elegant and amusing images - including fashion drawings, paintings, photographs, and film stills - illustrate the often surprising history of the garments women have worn for support - and seduction.