Chapeau à la tartare 1787.
Rococo fashion. Modes de Paris. French Ancien Régime era.
Source: Paris à travers les siècles. Histoire nationale de Paris et des Parisiens depuis la fondation de Lutèce jusqu’à nos jours, by Nicolas Jules Henri Gourdon de Genouillac. Published 1879.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1802.
- Fashion under the French Revolution.
- The Execution of the King Louis XVI. and Marie Antoinette
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses. Fashion History of the Directoire, Neoclassical, Regency, Empire
- Les “Incroyables et Merveilleuses”. “The Directoire Style” between 1795–1804.
- Fashion during the french revolution. Paris 1793 to 1795.
- French Directory fashion in Paris after the Revolution 1796-1800.
Support and Seduction: The History of Corsets and Bras (Abradale Books) by Beatrice Fontanel.
Thoughout the ages, women's breasts have been subjected to the endless whims of fashion.
From the ancient Greeks to Mae West and Madonna, this light-hearted book charts the changing shapes of female beauty. The elegant and amusing images - including fashion drawings, paintings, photographs, and film stills - illustrate the often surprising history of the garments women have worn for support - and seduction.