Don Juan de Austria around 1572.
Don Juan de Austria (Knight John of Austria; born February 24, 1547 Regensburg; † 1 October 1578 in Bouge, part of today Namur) was commander of the Spanish fleet and governor of the Habsburg Netherlands. He was the illegitimate son of Emperor Charles V and civil Barbara Blomberg of Regensburg.
Spanish court dress. 16th century baroque era.
Gallery: “Sheets for costume design: historical and folk costumes. Published by Franz Lipperheide, 1876-1887.
- Fashion under the Reigns of Louis XI., 1461 to 1515.
- Fashion under the Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545.
- Fashion under the Reign of Henry II. 1547 TO 1558.
- Fashion under the Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560.
- Fashion under the Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574.
- Fashion in the Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589.
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History.
- Histoire du costume féminin français. Les modes de la renaissance de l’an 1461 á l’an 1574 by Paul Louis Victor de Giafferi.
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Characters of The Commedia dell’Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.
- On the history of costumes. From Ancient to the 19th century