Costumes of the Habsburg monarchy.
This costume drawings are characterized by an extraordinary wealth of details. The illustrated costumes and their characters are involved in a stylized braid of everyday situations. The drawing quality reflects the original vitality of his characters with rare realism, sometimes seems like old medieval painting. It’s a pleasure to discover the sophisticated details. Originally published as a children’s book in 1896.
The peoples of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy.
Published by Johann Nepomuk Vernay, Austria, 1896.
List of plates.
- Folk costumes of Maurowalachen, Morlakian peoples from Dalmatia.
- Folk costumes from Bosnia.
- Folk costumes of Hungary, Magyars, dancing the Czárdás.
- Folk costumes of Transylvania, Romania.
- Folk costumes of Poland
- Folk costumes of Slowenia.
- Folk costumes of Dalmacija.
- Folk costumes of Bucovina.
- Folk costumes of Moldawia.