Louis XVI fashion 1770-1795. Werther costume.
- 445. Short-waisted, double-breasted red coat, waistcoat cut square, two watch chains, 1790.
- 446. Striped dress and high-crowned straw hat with ostrich feather, 1790.
- 447. Long coat of pink satin over white dress, 1791.
- 448. High, turned-down collar and revers on both overcoat and coat, 1791.
- 449. Loose, unpowdered hair worn straight, 1792.
- 540. ‘Werther costume’: blue doth coat with high turned-down collar, yellow leather breeches, riding boots and beaver hat, 1792.
- 451. Cravat rising to chin, 1792.
- 452. Fichu rising to chin, 1793.
« Histoire du costume » par Henry Harald Hansen. Dessins de Ebbe Susen, Mogens Bryder et Kaj Norregaard. Traduit du Danois par Jaqueline Puissant. Flammarion, Paris, 1954.
Support and Seduction: The History of Corsets and Bras (Abradale Books) by Beatrice Fontanel.
Thoughout the ages, women's breasts have been subjected to the endless whims of fashion.
From the ancient Greeks to Mae West and Madonna, this light-hearted book charts the changing shapes of female beauty. The elegant and amusing images - including fashion drawings, paintings, photographs, and film stills - illustrate the often surprising history of the garments women have worn for support - and seduction.