English knight in armor, lance and sword in the year 1325.
Reign of of King Edward II. and his son Edward III. (1312 – 1377). Edward came from the dynasty of Anjou-Plantagenet, was from 1327 to 1377 King of England and Wales and is considered one of the most important English rulers of the Middle Ages. Edward III. was the last English king whose native language was French. 1362 was officially English instead of French previously used official language.
From the book: Selections Of The Ancient Costume Of Great Britain And Ireland, from the 7th to the 16th Century by Charles Hamilton Smith. London: Printed by William Bulmer and Co. Shakspeare-Press, for Messrs. Colnaghi and Co. Cockspur Street, 1814 Engraver: Atkinson, John Augustus, 1775 c. 1833, Havell, Robert, d. 1832, Merigot, James. Hill, John, 1770-1850.
- Roger Mortimer, 1. Earl of March.
- Court life under the Plantagenets. Reign of Henry the Second.
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar.
- Fashion under the Reigns Charles VI., and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461
- Fashion under the Reigns of Louis XI., 1461 to 1515.
- Medieval Caps and Hoods fashion. 11th to 15th century.
- The Ladies of Old France. The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Medieval shoes 10th to 15th century.
- The Romance of the Rose. The Art of courtly love.
- The Lady of Tournament delivering the Price.
- The Reticulated Headdress. Headdresses history, 15th century.
- King Henry VI. and his court. The good duke Humphrey.
- Margaret of Anjou Queen of Henry VI. and her court.
- The Limerick Mitre. Dresses and Decorations of the Middle Ages.