British priestesses. Roman era 3rd century.
Source: Selections Of The Ancient Costume Of Great Britain And Ireland, from the 7th to the 16th century by Charles Hamilton Smith. London: Printed by William Bulmer and Co. Shakspeare-Press, for Messrs. Colnaghi and Co. Cockspur Street, 1814 Engraver: Atkinson, John Augustus, 1775 c. 1833, Havell, Robert, d. 1832, Merigot, James. Hill, John, 1770-1850.
- Celtic relics, ornaments of gold and bronze.
- The dawn of christianity in Britain.
- King Harold II. Last Anglo-Saxon king of England.
- King James I of England, son of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.
- Sir Thomas More.
- Thomas Becket. Archbishop of Canterbury.
- John Wycliffe and the Dawn of the Reformation.
- William Caxton and the art of printing.
- Bloody Mary, the daughter of Henry VIII.
- The character of Henry VIII. Tudor King of England.
- The reign of Elizabeth. The days of Queen Bess.
- Tudor Queen. The offer of the crown to Lady Jane Grey.
- Mary Queen of Scots at Lochleven Castle.
- Sir Francis Drake.
- The english boy king Edward VI.
- Relics associated with Queen Elisabeth.
- The departure of the Mayflower.
- Charles I of England. King and Martyr.
- The English Civil War 1642-1649.
- The Battle of Marston Moor on 2 July 1644 .
- Charles the first in the guard room.
- Oliver Cromwell. The Protector.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History: