James I (1566-1625) from England with sword.
He was born on 19 June 1566 as the son of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots, and her second husband, Henry Stewart, Duke of Albany, in Edinburgh. James was from 1567 as James VI King of Scotland and since 1603 until his death in addition as James I King of England and King of Ireland.
Engraved by C. Holl, for Pinkerton`s Iconographia
- The character of Henry VIII. Tudor King of England.
- The reign of Elizabeth. The days of Queen Bess.
- Tudor Queen. The offer of the crown to Lady Jane Grey.
- Mary Queen of Scots.
- The english boy king Edward VI.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History:
A valuable sourcebook for costume designers, dressmakers and those involved in historical reenactments, this book contains all the information you need to create authentic clothes from the Tudor period.