Romanticism fashion. Gauze dresses 1830.
Béret en ruban de gaze du Magasin de Mme. Millet, Boulevart Italien, No. 20. Robe de gaze ornée de rouleaux de satin et dꞌune broderie en application de blonde.
Journal des dames et des modes. Costumes parisien 1830. France Empire, Romantic Era. Biedermeier era. Early Victorian.
- The Second Republic. 1848 to 1851. Victorian era. “Second Rococo”.
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Romanticism. Early Victorian era. Biedermeier
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. The Restoration period. Romanticism. Biedermeier era.
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. First Empire, Regency period.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- Fashion History France. On the history of costumes. Archives of French fashion
Support and Seduction: The History of Corsets and Bras (Abradale Books) by Beatrice Fontanel.
Thoughout the ages, women's breasts have been subjected to the endless whims of fashion.
From the ancient Greeks to Mae West and Madonna, this light-hearted book charts the changing shapes of female beauty. The elegant and amusing images - including fashion drawings, paintings, photographs, and film stills - illustrate the often surprising history of the garments women have worn for support - and seduction.