The Grand Vizier. Ottoman Empire.
Dinner of an European Ambassador with the Grand Vizier in the Hall of the Divan. The Divan of the Sublime Porte was the council of the Ottoman Empire.
Title: Diner d’un Ambassadeur Européen avec le grand Vezir dans la Salle du Divan (vers 1788)
Published: L’Univers Pittoresque, Paris 1838.
The costume of Turkey. Illustrated by a series of engravings; with descriptions in english. By Octavian Dalvimart. Printed by Howlett and Brimmer. Published in London, 1802.
Related Folk Costume Galleries:
- Switzerland National Costume of 22 cantons in 1865.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- Country, Character, and Costumes in Portugal and Spain.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.
- Provincial Russia. Russian Costume and Culture.
- Typical pictures of Indian Natives.
- History of the Indian Tribes of North America.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Traditional costumes of Japan and Java.