Costumes of the Habsburg monarchy.
This costume drawings are characterized by an extraordinary wealth of details. The illustrated costumes and their characters are involved in a stylized braid of everyday situations. The drawing quality reflects the original vitality of his characters with rare realism, sometimes seems like old medieval painting. It’s a pleasure to discover the sophisticated details. Originally published as a children’s book in 1896.
The peoples of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy.
Published by Johann Nepomuk Vernay, Austria, 1896.
List of plates.
- Folk costumes of Maurowalachen, Morlakian peoples from Dalmatia.
- Folk costumes from Bosnia.
- Folk costumes of Hungary, Magyars, dancing the Czárdás.
- Folk costumes of Transylvania, Romania.
- Folk costumes of Poland
- Folk costumes of Slowenia.
- Folk costumes of Dalmacija.
- Folk costumes of Bucovina.
- Folk costumes of Moldawia.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- Tyrolean national costumes 1835.
- Souvenir de L’Exposition Universelle de Vienne.
- Costumes of Japan and Java.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Our islands and their people. Hawaii, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Cuba.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- The Switzerland national costumes of 17th ‚18th, 19th century originals.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Mexico by Carl Nebel 1836.
- Provincial Russia. Costume and Culture.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Serbian national costumes by Vladimir Kirin.
- Historical European costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- The Highlanders of Scotland, 1870.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Views of Darjeeling: With typical native portraits and groups.
- Africa, the landscape and the people 1931.
- Historical costumes from Africa, America and Oceania.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.