French fabrics 17th century, baroque period.
The richest and most gorgeous tissus are not always to have the preference as amply proves the above specimen which illustates the effect one may arrive at with two single tints carefully disposed.
XVII Century. French factory. Collection of Mr. Mallet Boullay. Two tone fabric.
XVII Siècle. Fabrique Française. Collection de M. Maillet du Boullay. Tissu a deux tons.
- Fabric terms dictionary from A to Z
- Collection of antique fabric design.
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643.
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence.
- The Entry of Louis XIV and Maria Theresa into Arras 1667.
- Shoes fashion in the reign of Louis XIV 1643-1715.
- English style in the Reign of Louis XIV
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Italian Lace History. Reference List of Italian Laces.
- On the history of costumes. From Ancient to the 19th century