French lady fashion during the reign of Francis I. 1513.
François Ier, le Roi-Chevalier, Renaissance, 16th century.
Francis I. (1494-1547) is considered the first king of the French Renaissance. During his reign, there is a significant development of the arts in France. Its two predecessors, Charles VIII. and Louis XII. have spent much time in Italy, but it was not possible for them to bring the new culture and artistic movements that developed there, to France. But they laid the foundations for the later flowering of the Renaissance in France. Francis I. can bring many artists to France, including Andrea del Sarto (1486–1530) and Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519). Leonardo da Vinci will remain until his death in France.
Costumes historiques de ville ou de théatre et travestissements. Author: Achille Devéria and José Domínguez Bécquer. Publisher Paris: Goupil et Vibert 1831. Publisher London: Charles Tilt 1839. Printed by: Lemercier & Cie.
Related: (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic, Burgundy, Renaissance)
- Byzantine costume history. 5th to 6th century.
- The Barbarian Invasions. The Migration Period.
- The Frankish dominions in Merovingian times.
- Frankish Merovingian costume history.
- Clovis. The Merovingian Dynasty.
- Anglo-Saxon fashion history. England c. 460 to 1066.
- Harold II. Last Anglo-Saxon king of England.
- Britannia Saxonica. Chronology of the Anglo-Saxons.
- The Norman fashion period. England 1066-1154.
- Fashion history of medieval England. 12th, 13th c.
- 11th to 13th century French fashion history.
- 11th to 13th century German fashion history.
- 11th to 15th century Caps and Hoods fashion.
- 13th century French male fashion history.
- 14th to 15th century Italian fashion history.
- 14th century German fashion history.
- 14th century Headdresses
- 15th century German male fashion history.
- 15th century German female fashion history.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Hennin.
- The Reticulated Headdress.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Introduction of Cottes-Hardies. The Ladies of Old France.
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380.
- Reigns of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461.
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515
- The Modes of the Middle Ages by Paul Louis Victor de Giafferri.
- The French Fashion History (Overview of Article and Galleries)
- The Gallic and Gallo-Roman costume period.
- The Barbarian Invasions. The Migration Period. (Historical Atlas with descriptions.)
- Frankish Merovingian costume history 4th and 5th century
- Carolingian Period 752-987. Reign of Charlemagne. Byzantine fashion era.
- The Carolingian Fashion Period 987 to 1270. Byzantine fashion era.
- The Influence of the Crusaders to the French clothing.
- The First Crusade. The Knights Hospitallers. Monastic military order.
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar. Monastic military order.
- The Crusaders in the 12th and 13 Century. Monastic military order.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- The Knights of the Teutonic Order of Knighthood. Monastic military order.
- Christine de Pisa presenting her manuscript to Queen Isabeau of Bavaria.
- Eleanor of Aquitaine, Medieval Queen 12th century.
- The Romance of the Rose. The Art of courtly love.
- The Lady of Tournament delivering the Price.