Sheikh Abdallah I. ibn Saud.
Sketched from life by Sir J. Sutherland.
Abdallah I. ibn Saud.
Sheikh Abdallah I. ibn Saud (1740-1818) from the House of Saud, ruled the First Saudi State and was Imam of the Wahhabi from 1814-1818. Beheaded at Constantinople (Istanbul, Byzanz) in 1818.
Source: An Account of the Transactions of His Majesty’s Mission to the Court of Persia, in the Years 1807-11: To which is appended a brief history of Wahauby. By Sir Harford Jones Brydges. Publisher: James Bohn, London 1834.
Sir Harford Jones Brydges (1764-1847) was an English diplomat and author, ambassador to the court of Fatḥ-ʿAlī Shah Qājār from 1807 to 1811.
The Fabric of Civilization: How Textiles Made the World Paperback – December 7, 2021
by Virginia Postrel (Author)
From Neanderthal string to 3D knitting, an “expansive” global history that highlights “how textiles truly changed the world” (Wall Street Journal)
Lieutenant James Sutherland (1784-1850), Bombay Infantry, was Engineer-Surveyor on the expedition. He was created Knight of the Lion and the Sun by the Shah in 1810.
- Traditional Parsis in India.
- Chinese sceneries in 19th century.
- Typical pictures of Indian Natives.
- Costumes of Japan and Indonesia by Emile Gallois.
- The Indian Mughal Empire.
- The Persians in India.
- Plant drawings from an Indian Cotton Printer`s Pattern Book, 1910.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Provincial Russia. Russian Costume and Culture.
- Tyrolean national costumes 1835.
- Souvenir de L’Exposition Universelle de Vienne.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- The Switzerland national costumes of 17th – 19th century originals.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Mexico by Carl Nebel 1836.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Serbian national costumes by Vladimir Kirin.
- Historical European costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- The Highlanders of Scotland, 1870.
- Africa, the landscape and the people 1931.
- Historical costumes from Africa, America and Oceania.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.