Sultan Mahmud I (1696-1754) was from 1730 to 1754 Sultan of the Ottoman Empire.
Mahmud was the son of Mustafa II. and was during the Patrona Halil Rebellion-instead of his uncle Ahmed III. placed on the throne. 1754 died Mahmud of heart disease, when he returned from Friday prayer in the mosque. During the reign of Mahmud, the system was introduced, to send Phanariots as an administrator in the principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia.
- The Costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire during the 18th century.
- The Oriental Album by Prisse d’Avennes.
- Asian costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton, Sølve Sundsbø.
Chanel: The Complete Collections of spectacular clothes by Patrick Mauriès.
Tom Ford. 21st century glamour of style and sensuality by Tom Ford, Bridget Foley.