English Tudor fashion in the XVI. Century.
Top row left to right: Henry VIII, Anne of Cleves. Right: Clothing of a merchant in London. Cavalier clothing between 1550-1600. Clothes of a lady at the court of Queen Elizabeth.
Bottom row left to right: Mary of Scotland. Douglas Earl of Angus. King Edward VI. Right: Lord Darnley, consort of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland. Marquess of Dorset. Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland.
Gallery: On the history of costumes. Münchener Bilderbogen. Edited by Braun and Schneider 1860.
- The reign of Elizabeth. The days of Queen Bess.
- Mary Queen of Scots at Lochleven Castle
- Mary Stuart receiving her death warrant.
- French lady costume at the court of Marie Stuart.
- King James (1566-1625) from England. Son of Marie Stuart.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History:
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380. (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic)
- Reigns’ of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461. (Medieval, Gothic, Burgundy)
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515 (Late Medieval, Burgundy, early Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545. (Renaissance, Tudor)
- Reign of Henry II. 1547 to 1558. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574. (Tudor, Renaissance, Spanish court dress)
- Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589. (Renaissance, early Baroque, Spanish court dress, Tudor)
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643. (Renaissance, Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715. (Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774. (Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1780 to 1789. Le Pouf. Fashion in the Ancien Régime.
- The Reticulated Headdress. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- The Hennin. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- Costumes de Noblesse du 14ème siècle. Histoire de la mode médiévale.
- Gabrielle d’Estrées, mistress of the French King Henry IV. 16th century, Renaissance fashion era.
- Henri de Lorraine, duc de Guise. France 16th century. Huguenot wars.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence to Louis XV. Rococo era.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Introduction of Cottes-Hardies. The Ladies of Old France.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History.
- Les Modes de la Renaissance de l’an 1461 à l’an 1574.
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Characters of The Commedia dell Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- On the history of costumes. Fashion gallery from ancient until the 19th century.
The Tudor Tailor: Reconstructing Sixteenth-Century Dress by Ninya Mikhaila & Jane Malcolm-Davies.
A valuable sourcebook for costume designers, dressmakers and those involved in historical reenactments, this book contains all the information you need to create authentic clothes from the Tudor period.