French lady at the court of Marie Stuart 1560.
England Tudor fashion era. Renaissance period.
Mary Stuart (Stuart is the French spelling of Stewart) was born on 8th December 1542 as the only legitimate daughter of King James V of Scotland and his second wife Marie de Guisein in Linlithgow Palace (Linlithgow is the former capital of the Scottish county whose official name is now West Lothian).
She was 1542-1567 as Mary I Queen of Scots, and by marriage to Francis II, Queen of France from 1558 to 1560. On 8 February 1587 she was executed at Fotheringhay Castle and later buried by her son James I in Westminster Abbey.
Costumes historiques de ville ou de théatre et travestissements. Author: Achille Devéria and José Domínguez Bécquer. Publisher Paris: Goupil et Vibert 1831. Publisher London: Charles Tilt 1839. Printed by: Lemercier & Cie.
Ancien Régime. Renaissance, Baroque, Tudor fashion era.
- Reigns of John and of Charles V. 1350 to 1380. (Medieval, Byzantine, Gothic)
- Reigns’ of Charles VI. and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461. (Medieval, Gothic, Burgundy)
- Reigns of Louis XI, Charles VIII, and Louis XII. 1461 to 1515 (Late Medieval, Burgundy, early Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545. (Renaissance, Tudor)
- Reign of Henry II. 1547 to 1558. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560. (Tudor, Renaissance)
- Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574. (Tudor, Renaissance, Spanish court dress)
- Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589. (Renaissance, early Baroque, Spanish court dress, Tudor)
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643. (Renaissance, Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XIV. 1643 to 1715. (Baroque)
- Reign of Louis XV. 1715 to 1774. (Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1780 to 1789. Le Pouf. Fashion in the Ancien Régime.
- The Reticulated Headdress. 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- The Hennin. Headdress 15th century. Medieval Burgundy era.
- Costumes de Noblesse du 14ème siècle. Histoire de la mode médiévale.
- Gabrielle d’Estrées, mistress of the French King Henry IV. 16th century, Renaissance fashion era.
- Henri de Lorraine, duc de Guise. France 16th century. Huguenot wars.
- Madame de Pompadour. Her political power and general influence to Louis XV. Rococo era.
- 15th century medieval room interior. The history of Tobit. Historia Scholastica.
- The Corset and the Crinoline. Introduction of Cottes-Hardies. The Ladies of Old France.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits Illustrative of English and Scottish History.
- Les Modes de la Renaissance de l’an 1461 à l’an 1574.
- Characters of The Commedia dell Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.
- The Rise of Monachism. Monastic costumes history.
- On the history of costumes. Fashion gallery from ancient until the 19th century.
- King James I of England, son of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.
- The Gunpowder Plot. England history.
- Mary Queen of Scots
- The character of Henry VIII. Tudor King of England.
- The reign of Elizabeth. The days of Queen Bess.
- Tudor Queen. The offer of the crown to Lady Jane Grey.
- Queen Mary, the daughter of Henry VIII.
- Sir Francis Drake. England history.
- The english boy king Edward VI. England history.
- Relics associated with Queen Elisabeth. England history.