The Sultan. India Mughal empire 18th century.
Source: The Oriental Annual, or Scenes in India. Comprising twenty-five engravings from original drawings by William Daniell, R.A. and a descriptive Account by the Rev. Hobart Caunter, B.D. London: Published by Edward Bull, Holles Street, Cavendish Square, 1834.
The Fabric of Civilization: How Textiles Made the World Paperback – December 7, 2021
by Virginia Postrel (Author)
From Neanderthal string to 3D knitting, an “expansive” global history that highlights “how textiles truly changed the world” (Wall Street Journal)
- Typical pictures of Indian Natives.
- Traditional Parsis in India.
- The Indian Mughal Empire.
- The Persians in India.
- Plant drawings from an Indian Cotton Printer`s Pattern Book, 1910.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Views of Darjeeling: With typical native portraits and groups.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton, Sølve Sundsbø.
Chanel: The Complete Collections of spectacular clothes by Patrick Mauriès.
Tom Ford. 21st century glamour of style and sensuality by Tom Ford, Bridget Foley.