A Female Peasant of Ceylon, 18th century.
From the book: The Oriental Annual, or Scenes in India. Comprising twenty-five engravings from original drawings by William Daniell, R.A. and a descriptive Account by the Rev. Hobart Caunter, B.D. London: Published by Edward Bull, Holles Street, Cavendish Square, 1834.
The Fabric of Civilization: How Textiles Made the World Paperback – December 7, 2021
by Virginia Postrel (Author)
From Neanderthal string to 3D knitting, an “expansive” global history that highlights “how textiles truly changed the world” (Wall Street Journal)
- Traditional Parsis in India.
- Chinese sceneries in 19th century.
- Typical pictures of Indian Natives.
- Costumes of Japan and Indonesia by Emile Gallois.
- The Indian Mughal Empire.
- The Persians in India.
- Plant drawings from an Indian Cotton Printer`s Pattern Book, 1910.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Provincial Russia. Russian Costume and Culture.
Traditional, historical dresses.
- Tyrolean national costumes 1835.
- Souvenir de L’Exposition Universelle de Vienne.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- Traditional French national costumes.
- The Switzerland national costumes of 17th – 19th century originals.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Mexico by Carl Nebel 1836.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Serbian national costumes by Vladimir Kirin.
- Historical European costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- The Highlanders of Scotland, 1870.
- Africa, the landscape and the people 1931.
- Historical costumes from Africa, America and Oceania.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton, Sølve Sundsbø.
Chanel: The Complete Collections of spectacular clothes by Patrick Mauriès.
Tom Ford. 21st century glamour of style and sensuality by Tom Ford, Bridget Foley.