Russian robe and bonnet. Armenian turban.
The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2. Published by Nikolaus von Heideloff, London. Georgian fashion era. Neoclassical costume in the time of Jane Austen.
Afternoon Dresses January 1796.
The hair dressed in light curls and ringlets. Armenian turban, made of white and York-flame coloured satin, crossed in the front with two strings of pearls, and the ends trimmed with gold fringe. A white ostrich and a blue esprit feather on the left side. Armenian robe of embroidered muslin; the train with a broad hem; full short sleeves; trimming of blonde round the neck, and at the top of the sleeves. Tucker of blonde. Gold cord with two large tassels round the waist, tied at the left side. Two strings of pearls and a festoon gold chain with a medallion round the neck. Diamond ear-rings. White shoes and gloves.
The hair combed straight upon the forehead, the side hair in light curls and ringlets, plain chignon. Russian bonnet of blue satin, trimmed with sable, and tied behind with gold cords and tassels. Lawn petticoat, with a broad embroidered border. Russian robe of blue satin, trimmed with sable; short sleeves trimmed with the same. Close tucker of double plaited lace. Small handkerchief within the belt, drawn together in the front with a diamond slider. Collar of sable round the neck. Diamond ear-rings. White shoes and gloves.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 1,. April 1794 to March 1795.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2. April 1795 To March 1796.
- The Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3,. April 1796 To March 1797.
- The use of Corsets in the reign of Louis XVI., Revolutionary Period, George III.
- Les Incroyables et Merveilleuses. (Neoclassical Directoire, First Empire)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses. Fashions – Manners – Usages, by Octave Uzanne.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. (Directory, Regency, Georgian)
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. (French Empire, Regency, Georgian)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. (French Empire, Late Georgian, Biedermeier, Romantic Era fashion period)
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848. Empire, Victorian era.