On the history of costumes. Twenty-sixth Sheet. Romans. Münchener Bilderbogen No. 558. Illustration by Andreas Müller.
Roman warriors. Military costumes of heavy infantryman.
The left Legionnaire wearing as armour a Lorica Squamata, the right legionary wears as armour Laminated Lorica.
Source: “On the history of costumes”. Münchener Bilderbogen (Munich pictures sheets). Published by Braun & Schneider, Munich c.1858 -1898s.
- Roman Costume and Fashion History.
- Roman clothing in its diversity and development within history.
- The Toga and the manner of wearing it. Roman fashion history.
- The Togatus and the Roman ladies of the imperial period.
- Religious sacrificial ceremonies of Romans in ancient times.
- The clothing of the vestal virgins. The cult of Vesta in ancient Rome.
- Musical instruments. Wind and Stringed instruments of ancient Rome.
- Roman headgear and hairdos of antiquity.
- Roman soldiers and gladiators. Function, armor and armament.
- The Roman Paenula. The cowl or hood. Traveling cloak.
- Pontifex Maximus. Roman high priest of antiquity. Collegium Pontificum.
- Shoes of antiquity. Sandals, closed footwear of the ancient world.
- Rome. The atrium. Interior of an ancient Roman palace.
- Pompeji. Roman architecture. The Pompeian House. The Atrium.