Algeria Officer of the 9th regiment of horse hunters.
The 9th regiment of horse hunters is a regiment of French cavalry created in 1757 and dissolved on 1 October 1961.
In 1881 he took part in the expedition to Tunisia and that of Oran to return definitively to France in 1883. The 9th regiment rode more than ten years on the soil of North Africa and fought very often beside his brothers in arms the hunters of Africa. It is the regiment of hunters on horseback that remained the longest in Algeria.
Campaigns: War of Seven Years, 1756-63; Army of the Moselle, 1792-94; Army of Sambre and Meuse, 1794-97; Italy, 1799-09; Germany, 1809; Naples, 1810; Russia, 1812; Germany, 1813; France, 1814; Belgium, 1815 Spain, 1823; Algeria, 1840-46; Algeria, 1866-70; France, 1870-71 Tunisia, 1881; South Oranais, 1881; Great War, 1914-18.
- Offensive and defensive armor and weapons.
- Abbotsford; the personal relics and antiquarian treasures of Sir Walter Scott.
- Armor in England from the 10th to the 18th century
- Life-size warrior figures in full armor and equipment.
- 16th Century – German armor art.
- The Knights of the Teutonic Order of Knighthood.
- The First Crusade. The Knights Hospitallers.
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar.
- The Crusaders in the 12th and 13 Century.
- Knights of the Order of the Golden Fleece 16th century.
- German Renaissance Fashion in the 16th Century.
- German blackened steel armor. Renaissance weapons.
- Middle Ages fashion history in Germany. 11th to 13th century.
- Gallic and Gallo-Roman helmets of Celtic warriors.
- Clans in the Roman Empire. The shields of the Gauls.
- The Varangian Guard. Viking Chiefs 5th Century.
- Lansquenet. German renaissance military.
- Germany military in 1530. Renaissance Mercenaries.
- German mercenaries around 1620.
- German lansquenets during the thirty Years’ War.
- Knights tournament. Renaissance 16th century.
- Firearms and offensive weapons. Renaissance 16th century.
- 30 years war weapons. Helmet, gloves and a musketeer rifle.
- Iron Gloves, gauntlets of the 15th century.
- The Schaller. Helmet and neck cover from the 15th century.
- Mounted Knights. Heavy cavalry 16th century.
- Pictures and Royal Portraits illustrative of English and Scottish History.