Robe of white striped tiffany gauze. Round gown of striped muslin.
England Full Dresses. The Gallery of Fashion June 1794. Published by Nikolaus von Heideloff, London.
FIG. XIII. HEAD-DRESS.
A chiffonet composed of salmon-colored crape-gauze.
with a bandeau of satin riband of the same color, tied on the right side near the front in a small knot; upon the bandeau, a string of large beads. One salmon-colored, and two white ostrich feathers, placed in the centre of the head-dress. Three diamond pins between the bandeau and the feathers.
The hair lightly frizzed and thrown into ringlets; behind turned up in a plain chignon. Lawn petticoat, trimmed with a narrow flounce. Robe of white striped tiffany gauze, trimmed round the neck, and down the front with a silk narrow full fringe. Short sleeves, trimmed at the elbows with the same fringe. Small tiffany handkerchief put within the robe, and drawn together in the front with a diamond slider. Pearl necklace and earrings. Small medallion suspended by a string of small pearls. Salmon colored silk shoes.
FIG. XIV. HEAD-DRESS.
Chiffonet of book-muslin, fancifully mixed with the hair and tied behind in a bow, the two ends trimmed with fringe, and falling very low; upon the bandeau, a wreath of small roses. Two white feathers, the tips spotted with purple. The side hair frizzed into small curls, and the hair behind falling down in ringlets. Round gown of striped muslin, the train trimmed with a broad purple satin riband; short full sleeves, trimmed with lace; double plaiting of broad lace round the neck, lied in the front with a narrow purple riband. Sash à l’enfantine of purple satin riband. Purple ear rings, and purple beads round the neck. Purple shoes trimmed with while.
- Gallery of Fashion. Vol. 1, April 1794 To March 1795. (England Georgian, Regency era)
- Gallery of Fashion Vol. 2,. April 1795 To March 1796.
- Gallery of Fashion Vol. 3,. April 1796 To March 1797.
- Les “Incroyables et Merveilleuses”. (Neoclassical Directoire, First Empire)
- Reign of Louis XVI. 1774 to 1780. (Late Rococo)
- Nymphs and Merveilleuses.
- Comparison of the French and English modes. The Regency fashion period 1808-1815.
- The French Republic 1789 to 1804. (Directory, Regency, Georgian)
- Reign of Napoleon I. 1804 to 1814. (French Empire, Regency, Georgian)
- Reigns of Louis XVIII. and Charles X. 1815 to 1830. (French Empire, Late Georgian, Biedermeier, Romantic Era fashion period)
- Fashion in the Reign of Philippe. 1830 to 1848.