Elsa by Ferdinand Wagner.
Portrait in the Renaissance style. Costume jewelry, hair and hat of the period of the 16th century modeled. Painted about 1880th.
Ferdinand Wagner (1819-1881) was a painter of the art direction of the Nazarene. His commissioned works ranged from minor ecclesiastical orders to the renovation of the façade painting at city palace of Jakob Fugger in Augsburg.
As a Nazarene art is called, a romantic religious art direction substantiated German artists at the beginning of the 19th century in Vienna and Rome. Representatives of this style, the Nazarenes, were mainly close to the Catholicism and not a few converted to him. The aim of the Nazarene was the renewal of art in the spirit of Christianity, with them old Italian and German masters served as role models. They influenced the art of Romanticism in 19th century Germany.
- The Restoration fashion era.
- Fashion under the Reigns of Louis XI., 1461 to 1515.
- Fashion under the Reign of Francis I. 1515 to 1545.
- Fashion under the Reign of Henry II. 1547 TO 1558.
- Fashion under the Reign of Francis II. 1559 to 1560.
- Fashion under the Reign of Charles IX. 1560 to 1574.
- Fashion in the Reign of Henri III. 1574 to 1589.
- Reigns of Henri IV. and Louis XIII. 1589 to 1643.
- The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Characters of The Commedia dell’Arte. Italian Renaissance Theater.