A Porter from Istanbul.
The porters of Istanbul at the time of the Ottoman Empire were mostly Armenian men.
Source: Oriental and Sacred Scences, from notes of travel in Greece, Turkey and Palestine by Howe Fisher. Published 1854.
Traditional Egypt costumes. Bedouin girl, Fruit Vendor, Runner.
Traditional Egypt costumes. Bedouin girl, Fruit Vendor, Runner in 1850 A Bedouin girl in a shirt-... Read more
1850 • 19th Century • Egypt • Headdresses • Middle East • Traditional
Medes king and nobility. Offizer and Soldiers dresses.
Ancient Medes King, soldiers and officers costumes. Source: Münchener Bilderbogen. History... Read more
Ancient • Asia • Headdresses • Middle East • Military • Nobility
An inhabitant of the coast of Syria. Historical Syrian costume.
An inhabitant of the coast of Syria. Historical Syrian costume. THIS Plate, which represents th... Read more
1804 • 19th Century • Middle East • Ottoman Empire • Syria • Turkey Costumes
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Suisse costumes nationaux
- Traditional French national costumes.
- Tyrolean national costumes 1835.
- Souvenir de L’Exposition Universelle de Vienne.
- Costumes of Japan and Java.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Our islands and their people. Hawaii, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Cuba.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- The Switzerland national costumes of 17th ‚18th, 19th century originals.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Mexico by Carl Nebel 1836.
- Provincial Russia. Costume and Culture.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Serbian national costumes by Vladimir Kirin.
- Historical European costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- The Highlanders of Scotland, 1870.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Views of Darjeeling: With typical native portraits and groups.
- Africa, the landscape and the people 1931.
- Historical costumes from Africa, America and Oceania.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.
French Headdresses from La Rochelle, La Vendee, Poitou
Traditional French Headdresses from La Rochelle, La Vendee, Poitou in 1867 1,6,7, La Rochelle. 2... Read more
1867 • 19th Century • France • Headdresses • Traditional
Traditional Slovakia Child costume. Boy from Dobrá Niva.
Boy in traditional costume from Dobrá Niva, Slovakia. Dobra Niva, in German called Döbring or... Read more
20th Century • Child • Slovakia • Traditional