A Porter from Istanbul.
The porters of Istanbul at the time of the Ottoman Empire were mostly Armenian men.
Source: Oriental and Sacred Scences, from notes of travel in Greece, Turkey and Palestine by Howe Fisher. Published 1854.
An Arab Sheikh in traditional costume. The Oriental Album.
Arab Sheikh Smoking. Oriental costume 1851 The Oriental Album. Characters, costumes, and modes of... Read more
1850 • 19th Century • Arabia • Middle East
Mohamed Habib el-Bey from the Dynasty of Husseinite 1923.
Mohamed Habib el-Bey from the Dynasty of Husseinite. Tunesia. Habib Bey, Frenchified name of Moha... Read more
1923 • 20s • 20th Century • Middle East • Nobility • Tunisia
- The costume of Turkey. Ottoman Empire 18th century.
- Suisse costumes nationaux
- Traditional French national costumes.
- Tyrolean national costumes 1835.
- Souvenir de L’Exposition Universelle de Vienne.
- Costumes of Japan and Java.
- Historical Asia costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- Our islands and their people. Hawaii, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Cuba.
- Costumes of all countries by Alexandre Lacauchie 1850s.
- Historical and folk costumes by Franz Lipperheide.
- Traditional Dutch national costumes.
- The Switzerland national costumes of 17th ‚18th, 19th century originals.
- Folk dresses from Norway, Dutch, Germany and Hungaria.
- Mexico by Carl Nebel 1836.
- Provincial Russia. Costume and Culture.
- Costume of the Russian empire by Edward Harding.
- Serbian national costumes by Vladimir Kirin.
- Historical European costumes by Auguste Wahlen.
- The Highlanders of Scotland, 1870.
- Costumes and scenery of Afghanistan.
- Views of Darjeeling: With typical native portraits and groups.
- Africa, the landscape and the people 1931.
- Historical costumes from Africa, America and Oceania.
- Traditional folk costumes of Italy and France in 1821.
- The Serbs in the Adriatic. Their types and costumes 1870-1878.
Piferari, Italian Shepherds of the Campagna in 1820
Italian Shepherds of the Campagna "Piferari Playing before a Madonna" in 1820. Drawing by Bartolo... Read more
1820 • 19th Century • Italy • Traditional
Mindanao natives playing the Kutiyapi. Philppines.
Mindanao natives playing the Kutiyapi. Philppines. Mindanao is the second largest island of t... Read more
10s • 1916 • 20th Century • Oceania • Philippines • Traditional