French knight in costume of the years 1300 to 1350, 14th century.
Reign of the Capetian under:
Philip IV (1285-1314)
Louis X (1314-1316)
Johann I. (1316)
Philip V (1316-1322)
Charles IV. (1322-1328) With the death of King Charles IV. (1322-1328) ended the direct line of the Capetian.
Philip VI. (1328-1350). The beginning of the reign of the Valois.
Events in the 14th century.
Demise of the Knights Templar to 1312th.
In 1320, the black powder gun developed in the European weapons technology.
Between England and France begins in 1337 the Hundred Years War, which ends 1453rd.
At mid-century, there are more than 4,000 monasteries in Europe. The Order of the Benedictines are attributed to 450 buildings in 1500, the Franciscans in 1450, the Cistercians and the Premonstratensians 740.
One third of Europe’s population died of the plague. Strongest Wave 1347-1351.
From the book: Histoire de l’Armée et de tous les régiments depuis les premiers temps de la Monarchie jusqu’à nos jours par M. Adrien Pascal. Paris, Dutertre, Libraire -Editeur 1861.
Illustré par M. Philippoteaux, E. Charpentier, H. Bellangé, de Moraine, Morel-Fatio, Sorieul, etc.
Adrien Pascal (1815-1863) was a French military historian. He was the head of department of advertising at the Imperial Commission of the Universal Exhibition of 1855.
- French Fashion History 12th to 14th century. Middle Ages.
- The Ladies of Old France. The Corset and the Crinolin.
- Medieval Caps and Hoods fashion. 11th to 15th century.
- The influence of the Crusaders to the French clothing.
- The Crusades. The Knights Templar.
- The Crusaders in the 12th and 13 Century.
- Troubadour and page in the 13th century.
- Fashion under the Reigns Charles VI., and Charles VII. 1380 to 1461
- Fashion under the Reigns of Louis XI., 1461 to 1515.
- The First Crusade. The Knights Hospitallers.
- Middle Ages fashion history in Germany. 11th to 13th century.
- Medieval shoes 10th to 15th century.
- The Romance of the Rose. The Art of courtly love.
- The Lady of Tournament delivering the Price.
- The Reticulated Headdress. Headdresses history, 15th century.
- King Henry VI. and his court. The good duke Humphrey.
- Margaret of Anjou Queen of Henry VI. and her court.
- The Limerick Mitre. Dresses and Decorations of the Middle Ages.